[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jul 8 18:11:53 UTC 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 2:04 PM, John P Poet wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Jarod Wilson<jarod at wilsonet.com>
> wrote:
>> On Jul 8, 2009, at 12:18 PM, John P Poet wrote:
>>> I am running the latest 2.6.27-fedora10 kernel, with hand built HD-
>>> PVR
>>> drivers from linuxtv.org.

>> Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason you're not using the
>> hdpvr
>> driver built into the kernel? I can't recall what the current F10
>> 2.6.27.x
>> kernel is anymore, but I thought there was a reasonably up-to-date
>> hdpvr
>> driver in it...
>
> Heh, I was actually wondering if the fedora kernel already had it in
> there.  I didn't think it made it into the mainline kernel until
> 2.6.30?

Correct, its officially in the upstream kernel as of 2.6.30, but I've
been patching the driver into Fedora kernels since around 2.6.27-rc8-
git8:

* Mon Oct 06 2008 Jarod Wilson <jarod at redhat.com>
- Add driver for Hauppauge HD PVR

* Mon Oct 06 2008 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
- 2.6.27-rc8-git8

I initially put it in for my own selfish reasons -- to use with my own
HD PVR -- but figured other Fedora MythTV users might benefit too. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com