[mythtv-users] Update to lirc 0.8.5 breaks things

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jul 8 13:50:47 UTC 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 9:39 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> Hopefully you're still monitoring this thread but I had a question. Is
> F10 destined to get a 2.6.29 kernel (i.e. not in updates-testing)?

Supposedly, yes...

> The
> reason I ask as it has made getting the nvidia proprietary driver
> difficult to get from a repo. Atrpms doesn't seem to have a matching
> package (I'm running the VDPAU package from atrpms) so I have to use
> the package from rpmfusion testing and I don't like mixing repos if I
> can help it.

Understandable. If you limit rpm fusion to providing only the nvidia
bits (via some yum repo file excludes magic or only enabling it
explicitly when you want to install nvidia bits), it should be
reasonably safe, but yeah, mixing atrpms and rpm fusion is bound to be
a bit... messy. I wish they were a single repo, but alas...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com