[mythtv-users] USB Hub Bandwidth limitations?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:31:37 UTC 2009

I want to plug 4 USB HD Tuners into a USB Hub - the hub itself has 480Mbs
bandwidth.

I'm guessing even if all the Tuners are recording multiple HD streams (via
multirec) there won't be any problems as a HD stream max's out at around 30
- 40 Mbs for good quality 1080p. Though this is Australia FTA so its more
likely to be 720p at best, more likely 480i :)

Additionally I guess the hub would need to be powered? or could an
unpowered hub support 4 HD tuners?

Thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson