[mythtv-users] recreating DVB adaptors

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Tue Jul 7 20:24:30 UTC 2009

I upgraded from 0.21 to trunk, I have removed all of my adaptor cards (and
deleted all channels, several times), and now have hit a blank mind.
 For my satellite card, under diseq options, I obviously select LNB, as that
is what I have.

However for my DVB-T, what should I select?

I am having a minor issue, in that out of 3 DVB-T cards (with 2 multirec
each) on occasions, channels on the BBC mux (most prevalent on BBC 1 and BBC
Three), sometimes instead of recording, I get no file whatsoever.
I have scratched all channels, and done a scan again, with the recorders. It
seems that once a recorder has gone into the state where it doesn't work,
then it remains in that state. Other channels/muxes appear to be OK.

The quality of the signal appears good (when recording there are no
artifacts).

At the same time as going to trunk, I upgraded to F11, however I kept the
same firmware for the DVB cards, so I do not think that this is the issue.
Most of the time there are no errors recorded in the backend logs. On two
occasions there have been: Wrong PMT, recorded, but searching google/mail
doesn't seem to throw up anything much relevant (incorrect firmware was one
suggestion, but I have restored this from the backup before upgrade).

Ideas on a postcard?