[mythtv-users] UK based system

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Tue Jul 7 13:23:15 UTC 2009

Greg Cope wrote:
> 2009/7/7 Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>:
>> Greg Cope wrote:
>>
>>> - Not too much CPU power UNLESS you are transcoding/advert skipping,
>>> however as advert skipping is not possible on Freeview (unless I
>>> missed something) you will not be doing that.
>>
>> I think you've missed something - I use commflagging on Freeview. It's
>> not
>> too reliable on some channels, I suspect because some channels have
>> programs
>> that look very like the commercials !
>
> I stand corrected.
>
> Channel 5 perhaps?

Yes, five usually works quite well, but it depends partly on the program
as well.

Some of the UKTV-type channels work quite well (Yesterday etc).

The normal terrestrial channels like ITV1 don't pick up too well.

Programs in 4:3 usually flag quite well, because there is an aspect ratio
change either side of the break as well as the other transitions (blank
screen, logo etc).
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts