[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 02:17:35 UTC 2009

> Anyway, my panel detects "1080p" when I monitor the Mythtv input.
>
> I have obvious overscan, and wonder what my best option is to fix that.  Should I upgrade to the 185.18.14 nvidia driver? (I noticed atrpms has that version now)  I have 177.80 now.  Figured this couldn;t hurt.
>
> Larry

Check through the menu of the tv and see if you can get it to auto
scan to the signal. On my Samsung panel I can choose between 4:3, 16:9
and "just scan". The default is 16:9 and on this, there is some
overscan. If I change the setting to "just scan" I get the whole
image. Interestingly, if I attach my frontend to the TV via VGA cable
rather than HDMI, then "just scan" is the default but unfortunately,
connecting this way seems to lock me in to 60Hz where I prefer 50Hz to
match the PAL signal. Attaching via HDMI lets me choose.