[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 00:58:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have an 8400gs and have the EXACT same problem!
>> NVIDIA-Settings for tvoverscan does NOTHING, and there are NO options in
>> the gui tool for overscan as well...
>>
>> I actually used the mythtv screen sizing stuff, but unfortunately it has a
>> few bugs (which I need to post!)
>>

> I have the GeForce 8200 with the 177.80 driver and I too have overscan
> issues.  Any help would be appreciated....

Run nvidia-settings and look around for an overscan option there.  If that
works, put that command in where it will run at startup like I documented
earlier in this thread.  I don't think these cards respond to modlines.  At
least I could not get mine to do anything except ignore a custom modline.

Allen