[mythtv-users] Securing mythweb

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 00:49:29 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/7/6 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> By setting up Apache to disable all access without a username/password.
>  I.e. MythWeb currently does not implement any level of user-based security,
> so the user either has full access or none.

There are ways to configure apache to use different user names in mythweb.
I have one user name to access the general function of mythweb, and
another user required to access the settings.

Using the same methods, you can easily prevent a user to access some
more specific features like no access to the upcoming recordings
etc... not that it would help much in that case.