[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Mon Jul 6 00:06:14 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
>>> It isn't so much that the documentation is wrong, it's that none of
>>> the newer cards support that feature. Instead you need to construct a
>>> custom modeline via one of the various modeline tools out there.
>>> This is the same procedure we all had to do for CRT's back in the
>>> early 90's with XFree86, you can even blow up some old TV's just like
>>> in the old days before computer monitors had safety circuitry added.
>> xvidtune used to be real handy for this.
>
> xvidtune still exists

And my 8400GS refuses to allow xvidtune to tune anything.

But the custom modeline things sounds interesting.  I've heard however
that when TV-out is in use, modelines are all ignored and only a small
set of modelines internal to the blob are used.

Can anyone who actually owns an 8400GS (or other 8x00 card) give more
specifics?

Dale Pontius