[mythtv-users] heads up to mceusb users

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jul 5 21:47:07 UTC 2009

Just wanted to give folks a heads up... I just committed changes in lirc
cvs that merge support for the first-gen mceusb receiver and all the
others into a single driver, which going forward, is going to be called
'lirc_mceusb' -- dropping the 2 off the end for the newer devices, so
lirc_mceusb2 is (will be) no more.

Of course, it'll have a modalias of lirc_mceusb2, and it should still
auto-load for supported devices anyway, but I figured folks might want
to know what's going on just the same. It'll show up officially in lirc
0.8.6 (and probably soonish in a 0.8.6pre2 snap), as well as in a Fedora
development kernel near you...

For those with the 1st-gen device, in theory, your device should now be
able to transmit as well as receive, but I've not yet bothered to test
xmit... If it doesn't work, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to get it
working, since most of the necessary code should already be in place. If
you get around to testing xmit before I do, please do let me know.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com