[mythtv-users] Live TV channel lock issue

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 4 16:17:10 UTC 2009

On 07/04/2009 10:39 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:
> When I'm watching Live TV many (not all) of my Australian DVB-T
> channels fail to get a channel lock.("You should have gotten a channel
> lock by now"). The odd thing is that the channels play fine if I watch
> them in xine and they also seem to record fine (based on a test I just
> did). Any idea why I might be getting this problem in Live TV?

There's a setting in mythtv-setup:

Use quick tuning
 - Never
 - Live TV only
 - Always
If enabled MythTV will tune using only the MPEG program number. The
program numbers change more often than DVB or ATSC tuning parameters, so
this is slightly less reliable. This will also inhibit EIT gathering
during Live TV and recording.

Do you have it set to Live TV only?  If so, change it to Never.

Mike