[mythtv-users] Problems with remote on FC10, lirc_serial and Kernel 2.6.27.25

Michael Jones mythtv at michaelandholly.com
Sat Jul 4 01:24:42 UTC 2009

Also.. when I run irrecord.. here's what I get.

irrecord -  application for recording IR-codes for usage with lirc

Copyright (C) 1998,1999 Christoph Bartelmus(lirc at bartelmus.de)

irrecord: could not reset tty
irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check
permissions)

Also.. when I run mode2.. I get

mode2: could not reset tty

I'm getting the feeling here that the serial port is still open
somewhere else, or something is still attaching to it.   Either that,
or the setserial command isn't quite right?

Thoughts?