[mythtv-users] OTA broadcast tweaks and settings

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 18:53:52 UTC 2009

Since we all now have digital tv ota in the us, I decided to give it a go.
I am on the fringe area of reception and get between of 4.5 - 4.8 sn ratio.  I know that is not good but it is the best I can get.  Believe me.
I use one hdhomerun and 2 ati hdtv cards.  Both work great btw.
What I would like to know is how to better set up mythbuntu to handle the signal drop outs.
For instance.  I notice when I start to get pixilazation,  the live tv buffer will show that I am a minute or two behind the actual broadcast.  When I try to fast forward, it locks, or the picture and sound will pause every second or two.
If I pause or rewind, it happens somethimes, sometimes not.
If I have a better signal (4.8 sn ratio) this does not occur.
I know this is a general question.  I guess what I am looking for are good tweaks or settings, that will help deal with the poor ota signal.  Maybe buffer tweaks or something.
Also, due to all the reception issues, my error logs fills up real fast.  Can I customize myth logging to ignore specific errors?
Thanks
Mythbuntu 9.04 with the latest updates.