[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

Harley Peters harley at thepetersclan.net
Fri Jul 3 15:45:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:27:52 -0700
Brad DerManouelian <bderman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2009, at 8:11 PM, Christopher Meredith wrote:
>
> > Do you have your STB set up to force 720p or 1080i all the time?
> > The hdpvr still doesn't like resolution changes and that can cause
> > the driver to crash sometimes.
>
> I thought this might be the problem, but I thought work was done to
> prevent crashes during resolution changes. Anyway, I can't set my
> STB's to output a particular resolution. I can set the max
> resolution, but it will output whatever it is sent (including
> changing resolutions mid-stream for commercials).
>
> If anyone knows a secret way to force a resolution out of a
> DHC-6416, it would be a place to start.
>
> This being said, I still don't think it's actually the cause of the
> problem since I can reboot everything and start with a bad recording
> without any resolution change.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

Do you mean DCH-6416 ?
If so :

Turn your tv on.
Turn  the cable box off.
Press the menu button on the front of the cable box.
Look for the option HDMI/YPbPr set it to 720P using the arrow and
select buttons.
Set the option 4:3 OVERRIDE to off using the arrow and select buttons.
Press the menu button again and turn on the cable box and your done.