[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Jul 2 20:18:56 UTC 2009

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> And, looking back, you don't wish you could've saved it for watching
> again later? Or that there weren't moments when it'd have been nice to
> skip back a few seconds to watch a moment of the coverage again, like
> to figure out whether Armstrong said "One small step for man" or "for
> _a_ man"?[1] The latter is possible with MythTV's Live TV, but not the
> former for any meaningful length of time.

Yes it is.  Hit 'R' to convert to a recording, and it'll be stored like
any other recording.  One of many LiveTV features that we're apparently
not supposed to use. Has anyone written a patch to remove LiveTV
entirely yet?  It seems like it's about as popular as Windows ME with
the MythTV "in" crowd that calls the shots here. ;)