[mythtv-users] Problems with remote on FC10, lirc_serial and Kernel 2.6.27.25

Michael Jones mythtv at michaelandholly.com
Thu Jul 2 18:37:02 UTC 2009

Ok,  so after a custom install of the nvidia drivers that part is
working again.

I'm still having an issue.

I'm missing something somewhere and having trouble getting the
mp3anywhere serial receiver to work at all.  It worked just fine in
FC8, but not now in FC10.

My system is currently running the 2.6.29 kernel under FC10 from
Jerod's build and I've installed the 0.8.5 version of LIRC through Yum
from the atrpms repo.

I've reset the serial ports, and run:  modprobe lirc_serial and have
the following in my /dev directory

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      5 2009-07-02 11:26 /dev/lirc -> lirc0
crwxrwxrwx 1 root lirc 248, 0 2009-07-02 11:26 /dev/lirc0
srwxrwxrwx 1 root root      0 2009-07-02 11:26 /dev/lircd

When I run irw I just get a blank line, and no response when I hit
keys on the remote I've tried both com ports on the system.

When I run irrecord I get:

irrecord -  application for recording IR-codes for usage with lirc

Copyright (C) 1998,1999 Christoph Bartelmus(lirc at bartelmus.de)

irrecord: could not reset tty
irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check
permissions)

Did I miss something off the new build Jerod?  Is there something else
that I'm missing here?

Thanks,

- Michael