[mythtv-users] merge guide to show one channel from two sources.

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Thu Jul 2 16:37:58 UTC 2009

On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> And, as an added bonus when 2 channels have the exact same channel
> number and callsign, the EPG will only display one row for both
> channels--because you've told MythTV that their content is identical
> and they appear next to each other on the guide, so there's no
> reason to duplicate the content.
>
> So, use the channel editor in mythtv-setup or MythWeb to give both
> channels the exact same channel number and callsign and you'll see
> it only once in the guide.
I like this idea a lot, but have a question.  I have an HDHR receiving
OTA HD channel 2.1, callsign KUTV-HD.  I also subscribe to DirectTV HD
and channel 2, callsign KUTV-DT is identical in content to the HDHR
OTA channel.   If I change both of the Channels to 2, and callsign
KUTV, if I understand you correctly, I'll only have one entry in my
program guide.  Will this interfere with Myth's ability to tune the
channel on the HDHR, I'm pretty sure that if I change both channels to
2.1 it will screw up my DirecTV tuning as I'm using the directv.pl
script and it uses the channel number to tune the STB.