[mythtv-users] The $99 frontend is here. Is this too good to be true?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 2 15:46:12 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 01 July 2009 22:46:52 Bill Williamson wrote:

> None of this is meant as unappreciation, but to show where people are
> coming from.  Once .22 is out and stable I'll likely come back to it, but
> for now it's either XBMC or PCH for me, and the PCH is tiny, silent, and
> cheap...

Does the PCH allow you access to the underlying Linux OS? The Myka has telnet
access, an ftp server etc. and is basically "hacker friendly".

The form factor is certainly great, and so far it has been able to play
anything I have thrown at it. At $199 it's a little more than the PCH, but
not by much. I get access to Netflix by using PlayON, and can access Myth via
its UPnP server. No commercial skip, but ultimatelty I'd like to see a Myth
F/E running on it, even if it has to be a stripped down version.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org