[mythtv-users] dvico remotes and suspend to RAM on gentoo ... (LIRCfails to resume)

James Van Vleet james.vanvleet at verety.com
Thu Jul 2 14:17:50 UTC 2009

>Any tips to resolve this if you have got it working on Gentoo with
other
>remotes?

I have my system working with resume from remote on Gentoo with a USB
IR.  One of the big things that might help you (no matter the distro) is
to tell the system the remote can wake up the system:

echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB1" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB2" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB3" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB4" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB6" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB7" > /proc/acpi/wakeup

This was the little documented key for me.  I stuffed it in my
local.start but there is probably a cleaner way.  BTW "cat
/proc/acpi/wakeup"  will tell you what devices are allowed to wake up
the system.

This is in my .lircrc:

begin
 button = Power
 prog = irexec
 repeat = 0
 config = /usr/sbin/hibernate-ram
end

Finally you do have to make certain all the right bits are turned on
your BIOS.  If your power button does not work to resume I would bet on
the BIOS.

If you need anything else let me know.

-James