[mythtv-users] Interfacing Zotac IONITX to Analog TV

steve.lawrence at comcast.net steve.lawrence at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 19:10:32 UTC 2009

Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM, <steve.lawrence at comcast.net> wrote:

>> I'll let you know.. :)

Letting you know..

>> I came up with this, or.. something like this :
>>
>> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=208721046&listingid=27082339
>> &dcaid=17902
>>
>> I'm figuring that should do the job, no?
>>
>> Steve.
>>

>> Is the Zotac DVI port DVI-I or DVI-D?  If it's DVI-D, that won't work.

>DVI-I might be required, but I think the video card also needs to support a
>"sync on green" signal out the DVI port, which I hear is ATI's specialty,
>and only a couple nVidia's can do.  Is the 9400M one of those "couple"?

It turns out that the Zotac IONITX board has a digital DVI output (DVI-D
not -A or -I) , and thus won't work with the dongle above. You would need
one o' them ($100) boxes that does the digital--> analog conversion.

Oh well. I have a couple o' tellys I can use this on, so I'm not out of
pocket or anything. I'll have to find a crusty machine with an S-video out
for my crusty telly...

Steve.