No subject

Sun Jan 18 00:47:59 UTC 2009

asus 9300 board.

The only linux support issue is to get sound via HDMI working.
I use Ubuntu 8.10.
Everything was recognised by default but sound via hdmi.
You must install nvidia drivers >= 180.22.

To get the sound working via HDMI, I installed the ALSA 1.0.18 package
I downloaded from there (Ubuntu 9.04 ALSA driver):
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/i386/alsa-base/1.0.18.dfsg-1ubuntu3

I installed alsa-base and alsa-source 1.0.18 from Ubuntu 9.04 then I did:

sudo m-a update
sudo m-a prepare
sudo m-a a-i alsa
sudo alsa force-unload
sudo depmod -ae
sudo modprobe snd-hda-intel

Steps which will automatically built an alsa kernel module for 2.6.27-11

Then started alsamixer, unmuted all the entries.
And that was it...

Note that if you don't want sound via hdmi, everything worked straight
out of the box.

> One other question:  can VDPAU handle TVs with non-square pixels?  My TV
> is 1024x768.  It's 16:9, so the pixels are in fact 4:3.  Both mplayer
> and the internal myth player (without VDPAU) handle this fine, but I
> thought I'd check whether VDPAU will handle this too.

This isn't related to VDPAU, as long as you screen is set to 1024x768,
that's all you need to worry about

Jean-Yves