[mythtv-users] FYI on Superbowl schedule

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Sat Jan 31 22:58:42 UTC 2009

<redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:
> > I use a power search for all for all my sports recordings, I'm much
> > less liable to miss something. For football I just use
> > 'program.title like '%NFL Football%' (or something similar to that)
> > and I haven't missed anything yet.
>
> I suppose that makes it easier to get your favorite team's games,
> too... being that the team names typically appear in the description
> not the title.

This is my powersearch for the Chicago Bears. It catches games and other
sports-related shows, like they sometimes show on ESPN:

program.category LIKE '%Sports%' AND
(program.title LIKE '%chicago%' OR program.subtitle LIKE '%chicago%' OR
program.description LIKE '%chicago%')
AND (program.title LIKE '%NFL%' OR program.subtitle LIKE '%NFL%' OR
program.description LIKE '%NFL%')

For NFL games in general I made this powersearch:
program.title LIKE 'NFL Football%'
AND (program.hdtv > 0 OR channel.callsign = 'CBS13' OR channel.callsign
= 'KCRA-HD' OR channel.callsign = 'KXTV-DT' OR channel.callsign
= 'KTXL-HD')
AND program.category = 'Sports Event'

(It includes my local station's callsigns because the hd flag in the
programme listings is not always reliable).

--
Gruß
Andreas