[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 04:47:22 UTC 2009

On 31/01/2009, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 01/30/2009 08:09 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> >
> > > A fix for the latter problem could be quite easy: If there's a colon in
> the
> > > title field, and the subtitle field is empty, parse out the colon and
> what's
> > > after it and assume it's the subtitle. I'm not holding my breath.

In addition to colons, tv_grab_uk_rt also looks for hyphens in the
title field (see below)

> > I'm sure there must be some programmes where the colon is a legit part
> > of the name.
> >

>  CSI: NY ( http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73696&lid=7 )
> and CSI: Miami (
> http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78310&lid=7 ) and Law &
> Order: Criminal Intent (
> http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=71489&lid=7 ) and Law &
> Order: Special Victims Unit (
> http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75692&lid=7 ) for a few
>
>  Not to mention ones like:
>
>  NASA: Destination Tomorrow
>  Local 6 News at 5:30
>  Make 'em Laugh: The Funny Business of America

Right. In the case of tv_grab_uk_rt, I maintain a list of programmes
with known mangled titles/subtitles and restrict processing to only
those titles. Post title processing, any titles still containing
colons (or space-separated hyphens which I've also started to see) are
listed when running tv_grab_uk_rt in debug mode in order to determine
whether there are additional titles we need to add to the 'blacklist'.

Current tv_grab_uk_rt title processing handles:

- removing non programme-title text from the title (e.g. "Western Season")
- separating a title of "$title:$subtitle" into separate fields for
specified programmes (e.g. "Storyville:1968")
- separating a title of "$subtitle:$title" into separate fields for
specified programmes (e.g. "1968:Storyville")
- correcting $title/$subtitle fields over when they appear reversed in
source data for specified programmes (e.g. $title = "1968", $subtitle
= "Storyville")
- correcting inconsistent programme titles for specified programmes
(e.g. "Law and Order" vs "Law & Order")

If any MythTV users who obtain listings via tv_grab_uk_rt see any
programmes which are currently not handled (but should be), drop me a
line and I'll update the blacklist. The current blacklist is retrieved
whenever the grabber is run, so updates are available within the hour
usually (there is a regular sync between XMLTV CVS on sourceforge and
the XMLTV server providing the supplemental grabber files).

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott