[mythtv-users] Schedule conflicted with itself causing show tonotrecord

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 23:27:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2009, at 2:00 PM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:
>
>  ...assuming you're using soft-padding. hard-padding would create a
>>>
>> conflict.
>>
>> I use the per-rule padding. I thought this was hard. There is no conflict.
>> This weekend, I have Grand Designs finishing at 6:42 on recorder 1, and
>> Grand Designs starting at 5:38 on recorder 1.
>> That is according to the upcomming recordings anyway.
>>
>> But if the OP has 4 physical recorders anyway, it might be worthwhile them
>> considering virtual recorders.
>> Gareth
>>

> Oh, actually I think you're right. If it'd soft-padding you it will use the
> same physical tuner. If it's hard-padding, it will cause a conflict and try
> to use the virtual tuner. Oops.

I have 4 physical tuners.  Two air2pc cards and one HDHR, which has two
tuners.  We have one backend which can be used to watch shows in 4 rooms.
 The backend has a frontend, we have two remote frontends, and my daughter
just watches them off her PC using VLC or smplayer, depending on the
channel.

I looked into the way myth deals with conflicts and it is a little strange.
 When I record ask to record the 5th show, it may show it will record with
no conflict and some other show on a channel off screen that was previously
fine goes into conflict.  You have to really be careful.  Also, as I am not
the only one recording, my daughter might do something that offs one of my
shows.

Anyway, I am not understanding the virtual tuner concept.  Would this help
the problem I was describing?

Allen