[mythtv-users] Schedule conflicted with itself causing show to not record

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:16:17 UTC 2009

I am not sure how to deal with this.  Last night we had a show recording at
8PM set to go 20 min over as a guard band because the show sometimes goes
over.  I also set a schedule to record the show right after on the same
channel.  In addition, there were 3 other shows set to record at 9PM so all
4 of my tuners would be in use.
Because the tuner for channel 2 was in use at 9PM due to the 20 min
extension, the 9PM show on channel 2 was never recorded.

Let's consider the options for myth to deal with an overlap on the same
channel:

1) Record the first show plus the extra time and start the recording of the
next show late
2) Stop recording the first show when the second show starts and start
recording the second show
3) Record the first show plus the extra time and completely skip the second
show.

Of the three choices, the last one is the last one I would want.

Is there a way to deal with this?  If not, this would be a nice change to
myth, changing the default #3 to either #1 or #2.

Allen