[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 13:21:50 UTC 2009

On 30/01/2009, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>

> > [1] I find the UK Radio Times data very consistent over time, although
> > it does not provide programid data and occasionally contains errors. I
> > update the RT XMLTV grabber to correct any inconsistencies where
> > reasonable to do so. The EIT data provided by DVB-T/S does provide
> > programid, allowing series-link to works its wonders within MythTV.
> > Thanks to the devs for providing this functionality - I'm looking
> > forward to 0.22 which should allow a more graceful coexistence of
> > DVB-T and DVB-S EIT data.
> >

>  Hah! Just try recording "The Sky at Night" every month. I usually end up
> with three recordings, two with different subtitles for what is obviously
> the same programme, and a third one with the same subtitle as one of the
> above but ten minutes longer!

I have been since 2005 :) I use a channel rule for BBC1 using
'subtitle then description' and have only missed a single episode in
the last year (likely due to a generic description and missing
subtitle).

>  And don't get me started on the rash of programmes we have had lately where
> the lazy data entry clerk has put the subtitle on the same line as the
> title, so a standard rule doesn't match. The whole series of "Secrets of
> Egypt" was like that, there are others I could name.
>
>  A fix for the latter problem could be quite easy: If there's a colon in the
> title field, and the subtitle field is empty, parse out the colon and what's
> after it and assume it's the subtitle. I'm not holding my breath.

I added that feature (amongst several others to cater for mangled
titles/subtitles) to tv_grab_uk_rt last year. Secrets of Egypt is
already covered. If only you weren't 5 versions of XMLTV out of date
:)

Nick

--
Nick Morrott