[mythtv-users] HDTV as UPnP devices... list of TVs that work and ones that don't wor

Prasen Palvankar prasen.palvankar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 07:10:05 UTC 2009

Just got my Samsung A860 to work with mythtv using UPnP!!

I got my Samsung A860 just a couple of days ago. After reading about
problems with "Not Supported File Format" issues, which I faced too, I
followed David's advice and did a tcpdump on the network traffic between my
mythtv server and the TV and my XP VMWare running the Samsung WiseLinkPro
software and the TV.

One obvious difference between the two responses was that the Samsung server
is sending a DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC; as part of the header information.
David's hack for handling getContentFeatures is missing this. I added this
string to the hack and now my TV is able to play all my mpeg2 recorded
content as well as ripped DVD content without any problem.

Obviously this header attribute value needs to be set according to the
content type being served. Searching on the web I found this link which
lists some of the possible values for different content types:
http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pipermail/dlna-dev/2008-January/000053.html

-- Prasen.