[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 02:53:33 UTC 2009

On 30/01/2009, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>  Ideally, the guide source would only have keys pointing to the detail
>  data for things like title, subtitle and description. Something like
>  farpoint would be referenced as TNG.101.a and TNG.101.b or somesuch.
>
>  "season" based rules would be very handy.

"Ideally" every single program entry would have valid and consistent
seriesid, programid,title,subtitle,description,production year...
Duplicate detection could work on programid alone by default.

In reality, it's whatever your listings provider [1] can manage with
minimum effort and without messing up somewhere. Expect holes or
errors in the data. But, with Obama as President...

Nick

[1] I find the UK Radio Times data very consistent over time, although
it does not provide programid data and occasionally contains errors. I
update the RT XMLTV grabber to correct any inconsistencies where
reasonable to do so. The EIT data provided by DVB-T/S does provide
programid, allowing series-link to works its wonders within MythTV.
Thanks to the devs for providing this functionality - I'm looking
forward to 0.22 which should allow a more graceful coexistence of
DVB-T and DVB-S EIT data.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: