[mythtv-users] Mythbackend acting strange

Jarle Thorsen jarlethorsen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 00:48:53 UTC 2009

2009/1/29 Batshua bat Yehonatan <batshua at gmail.com>

> For no reason apparent to me, mythbackend is no longer acting as it did
> before.
> Instead of starting up on a grey theme and loading multiple setting
> screens, it is now blue and it starts up asking me which language I want.
>  It then says "No UPnP backends found" and the next screen is Database
> Configuration 1/2.  After that, it runs a Terminal script in miniscule,
> unreadable text.  I assume that there's something there relevant I should be
> reading, but I can't see it.
>
> Is there any file to trash, some terminal command to enter to reset
> everything on mythbackend to default?  Clearly, I somehow managed to break
> something.

The program that is starting up on a grey theme and loading setting screens
is actually your frontend, not your backend. This happens if the backend is
not running, or if it can not access the database for some reason. Restart
the backend, and have a look in the backend log to see if there are any
errors. This can also be a result of network problems or that you have
changed the hostname of the computer.

--
Jarle Thorsen