[mythtv-users] Media Player - MediaGate MG-35 ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 29 23:44:16 UTC 2009

Has anyone seen or heard of one of these:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MG-35&cm_mmc=geekmail-_-daily_html-_-29jan09_MGKIT-_-MGKITmain

Looks like it has potential, at least it claims Linux support.

Last time I checked the NDAS drivers were not available for 64-bit, but that
was a couple of years ago. I wish it would just do NFS.

The only way it could play HD would be via the component output, but if it can
play MPEG4 (wish they said h264 specifically) itmight be worth the relatively
low price. It does seem to have digital audio output.

--
beww
beww at beww.org