[mythtv-users] Converting HDTV to SDTV

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:53:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:

> jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
> > Everything you need should be in the wiki. I know that nuvexport is a
> > popular choice: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Nuvexport
>
> The mvpmc can't play NUV files, it needs mpeg1/2 only.

The name is for historical reasons, it is not limited to nuv files.
Nuvexport works with mpeg1/2/4 files fine along with many other things. It
can use ffmpeg or mencoder to do the work if you like. Check out the wiki.
Everything you need is there including how to setup a user job to have this
done automatically (or with a button push). I have a pvr-150 so I have only
used it to transcode mpeg2 to mpeg4 (xvid). I have never messed with a nuv
file before.