[mythtv-users] Separate Libraries in MythMusic

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:37:45 UTC 2009

2009/1/29 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
> On Jan 29, 2009, at 7:41 AM, C.T. Paterson wrote:
>
>> Surely, this is a problem that some other folks on this list have had
>> to deal with.  What solutions did you employ, and how is that working
>> out for you?
>
> What you're really asking for is multi-user support in MythTV which does not
> exist but has been a feature request for quite a while now. Work was started
> on it, but they gave up on it and now the code is VERY out of date. It can
> be found here: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/multiuser
> The unfortunate answer is to revive the code, update and finish it (or start
> over from scratch) or wait for someone else to do it.
>
> I've started using Boxee which accommodates multiple users.

Well,  multi-user might well give me what I need...but strictly
speaking, I would be asking for multi-library -- which, I think, would
imply much less work.

I've got radio shows, documentaries, speaches, and audio books which
also could benefit from their own libraries - but every playback
program I've ever encountered just assumes that audio == music; so its
an annoyance I've learned to live with.

For the moment, though, I'm just seeking workarounds.

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                        -- Thomas Paine