[mythtv-users] Lirc and remotes... and DVD playback menu

Douglas Mayle dmayle at dmayle.com
Thu Jan 29 16:22:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I just finished getting my myth setup functional, and I'm very happy
with it...  I do have one small issue with my remote however...  I
have a button marked Pause/Play, and no actual Pause button.
Unfortunately, this means I have no way to pause in the video viewer
(triggering instead a bookmark)...  Is there any way to get my play
button (currently mapped to space) to perform double duty?  Also, on
those lines, I use the menu button for Escape, since there's no way to
actually exit without it...  Anyway to combine menu and escape on the
DVD?

My last question is with regards to the OSD for DVD playback... On my
TV, the "Next Title" text shows up too small and antialiases in a
strange way... I've tried changing the OSD setting in the TV player
settings, but that seems to be separate.  Is there any way to
configure the DVD OSD?

Thanks
Doug