[mythtv-users] SageTV HD200 as an HD MythTV frontend?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Thu Jan 29 15:11:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Patrick Davila <pdavila at thelinuxlink.net>wrote:

> Geektonic did a nice writeup on the SageTV HD200 media extender:
> http://www.sagetv.com/hd_theater.html?sageSub=tv
>
> The box is apparently running Linux under the hood. It's using a 300mhz
> Sigma SMP 8635 LF chipset.
>
> For $200 I'd buy a pair of them in a heartbeat if we could get MythTV
> running on them. If SageTV locks this thing up in a similar fashion as the
> Roku Netflix player maybe we do an end run and get it unlocked from the
> hardware manufacturer?

The supported formats reads a lot like the Popcorn Hour. The small size
would be nice for a number of people I'm sure. I wish it had DTS playback
(without passthrough). For places I would want a small box like this, I
don't have an amp to connect it to. Looks like a nice box though, if it
could run mythfrontend, it could be a winner.