[mythtv-users] What is temporal spatial deinterlacing, and how do I get it?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:56:36 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/29 Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net>:

> Would you say that the VDPAU deinterlacer works as well as Sony's, or
> not quite?

It is close, but not quite...

Watching the Australian Open, the ball leave a slight trail which is
non existent on the Sony.

However, with picture without too much motion it is almost identical ;
The line around the court for example are displayed perfectly, without
any flickering whatsoever ; I would get a flicker or slight
scintillation with all of the other mythtv deinterlacer ...

I haven't managed to use the Temporal 2X with my 9400GT, so maybe it's
just because this cheap card isn't fast enough and it would be better
with say a 9600GT.

But for the first time I can watch TV and not be anally focused on how
bad the deinterlacing is