[mythtv-users] HD Content (地デジ/InternetTV/Digital) in Japan on MythTV - Is it possible?

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Thu Jan 29 08:23:49 UTC 2009

David Bennett wrote:
> I fear that is a no :(
>
> Dave
>
> 2009/1/13 David Bennett <davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
> <mailto:davidbennett1979 at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hello!
>
>     It has been awhile since I posted to this list. Been running on
>     analog tuners in Japan (HPV-500) for quite some time.
>     Our apartment has moved over to HD Digital Channels and I am not
>     having any luck.
>
>     Simple question: Is there anyway to get HD content working with
>     MythTV in Japan.
>     I am open to any options:
>
>     1) HD Tuner Card and Standard Digital Channels
>     2) Internet TV with some sort of Firewire option out
>     3) Cable or Internet TV provider
>
>     If anyone has any idea how to get any sort of satellite, Internet,
>     Cable, Digital TV signal and guide working working with MythTV in
>     Japan, I am open for suggestions!
>     At this point willing to try anything.
>
>     Look forward to any tips or pointers.
>
>     Thanks
>     david

Hey David.

Don't know if the signal is quite the same i Japan.
But I managed to get this card Hauppauge HVR-4000 up and running along
with MythTV .- And it''s really running great.
I using this for satelite DVB-S - but its a quadro tuner and handles
also DVB-C and HDchannels.
It handles both PAL and NTSC - but are they using those in Japan.

Nopefully You'll get a little step further now

Per Jørgensen