[mythtv-users] Sky digital tv tuner

Blair Mayston blair.mayston at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jan 29 04:01:14 UTC 2009

Apologies for the beginner's question - haven't worked out how I can
search posts here (only joined this morning).
Have been reading about Myth over the past few weeks and almost have a
build sorted out, but remain confused about what sort of TV tuner I need
- in part because so many Myth sites are based outside NZ.
Some posts have suggested analogue is required for Sky digital, but it
seems dvb-s and dvb-t tuners are becoming more common in stores.
Would something like the Hauppauge PVR150 be suitable for Sky? Or do I
need to get one of the HVR series? (I'm not too interested in Freeview
at this stage, if that's any help).

Cheers,

Blair