[mythtv-users] Question about channel numbers

Chris Clarke chrisjohn.clarke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:44:53 UTC 2009

Hi all,

    I've got 2 x PVR-150's and have just added a HDHomerun to the mix.
 I got my HDHomerun all set up (thanks to advice from the list) What
I'm wondering now, can I change the channel numbers (4.1, 5.1, 9.1
etc...) to 101, 102, 103, etc...  The reason I want to do this is to
put them into a "seperate" section of the Program Guide to increase
the WAF.  From what I've read it's only the xml numbers that are
important, but I wanted to check before I mess up my system (and thus
significantly reducing the WAF ;)

Chris