[mythtv-users] VPDAU and Nvidia GPU running on non-Nvidia motherboard?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jan 29 02:47:00 UTC 2009

Aaron Plattner wrote:

> It sounds like you're complaining about the fact that the driver installs a
> /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.

Ahh, but I already had one of those. The problem is that the one which
nvidia installed is not usable by the intel driver. (And had I tried it,
  promptly, the uninstall does not reverse what should be set up as a
reversible process. Even better of course, would be coding the libs so
that the driver does the same old thing for other chipsets, and also
does extra stuff for an nvidia chip.)

> Finally, the driver install is supposed to fail if there are no NVIDIA GPUs
> in the system.  If it didn't, there might be a bug in the installer.

Well it did not fail for me. That was version 180.08. Hopefully the
installer script has been amended.

Geoff