[mythtv-users] What is changing my frequency tables?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 28 21:38:44 UTC 2009

Zitat von "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

> On 01/28/2009 09:41 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> as mentioned in an earlier thread, I have a flaky TT C-2300 DVB-c
>> card that requires to downtune all transponder frequencies by
>> 500kHz due to some card-specific brokenness. I don't want to patch
>> the driver and neither do I want to hack the card. So I tried to do
>> that in MythTV, but for some odd reasons that doesn't work.
>>
>> What I did was to change the transponder table of my cable service
>> provider to subtract this 500kHz, and re-run dvbscan.
>
> Are you using the mythtv-setup Transport Editor (under Channels)?

Either there or under Card/Input Combination (or how that's called in
the English interface). But I also tried changing the frequencies
directly in the multiplex table.
Either way, as soon as run a scan in one of the two mentioned places,
the original frequencies are added to the transponders list/multiplex
table, and the channels are mapped to these frequencies. Probably
because they are scanned *after* the frequencies that I set manually.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/