[mythtv-users] Help with channel line up for Toronto

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Jan 28 20:52:34 UTC 2009

Chris Clarke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I've got an HDHomerun setup and it's great, I'm just having some
> trouble figuring out how to setup up the channels.  I went to
> schedules direct and setup a new line up with the "Local Broadcast"
> selection.  But there doesn't seem to be any high def stations, just
> the standard def.  Where can I find the listing for the high def
> channels?  Should I use the ones from the "Cogeco Digital" instead?
> TIA for any advice from anyone who lives in the area.

Chris,

This applies for everyone in the Toronto ot GTA area, using OTA.

Create a 'Local Broadcast' lineup on your Schedules Direct account.

Do NOT use your local postal code for that lineup. Use zip code 14174.

That zip will give you all the local digital channels. Zip 14174 is
Youngstown New York. You can see the (amazing) difference if you create
a new lineup using L0S 1J0 (Niagara on the Lake). Niagara on the Lake
has 37 stations none of which are digital. Zip 14174 has 52 of which 22
are digital.

SD knows about this problem and is trying to remedy it.

Geoff