[mythtv-users] videometadata restore error and schema

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:45:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 28, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Captain Krypto wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I am a dumb dumb and accidently dropped my videometadata table from
> >> mythconverg.
> >>
> >> I was trying to restore it from a recent backup and I get the following
> >> error when running the command:
> >>
> >> mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < videometadata.sql
> >>
> >> ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
> check
> >> the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
> >> syntax to use near 'LOCK TABLES `videometadata` WRITE' at line 3
> >>
> >> With the code in question being:
> >>
> >> -- Table structure for table `videometadata`
> >> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `videometadata`;
> >> CREATE TABLE `videometadata` (
> >> -- Dumping data for table `videometadata`
> >> LOCK TABLES `videometadata` WRITE;
> >> /*!40000 ALTER TABLE `videometadata` DISABLE KEYS */;
> >> INSERT INTO `videometadata` (`intid`, [...]
> >>
> >> Does anyone know what the issue with that is?
> >
> > Yeah, you're completely missing the table definition. Mine looks like
> this
> > (but don't go by it because I'm running trunk and might have a different
> > schema for this table):
>

> the OP said he grepped the whole database backup (mythtv_backup.sql)
> for just the parts that say 'Insert into videometadata' - in doing so
> he missed the table definition. If he looks at his mythtv_backup.sql
> file he should find the table definition relevant for his version.

Yes, I was completely missing the table definition.  I found the relevant
part of the script in mythtv_backup.sql and I was able to recreate a blank
table.  However, when I tried to run imdb-bulk-update.pl it failed without
an error.  Also, I am no longer able to see a video icon in mythweb, and the
video link gives me "An unknown module was specified"... perhaps I need to
restart mythbackend?

Ugh...  I'm at work now, but I'll have to look more into it when I get
home.  Don't mess with things when you are hungover ;)