[mythtv-users] Sony 200 disc changer

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Jan 28 18:26:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, January 28, 2009 8:50 am, James Oltman wrote:
> Just out of curiousity (not sure if this is OK to talk about here) but
> what tools do u use under Linux to rip?

I like HandBrake.  For the occasional DVD that doesn't encode right in
HandBrake, I use mencoder.  I have a few where HandBrake rips play back
with no audio in MythVideo, but mencoder rips work fine.  I have others
where HandBrake rips are fine but mencoder rips have audio/video sync
problems.  It's good to have more than one tool.