[mythtv-users] Sony 200 disc changer

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Jan 28 15:08:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:06:17PM -0800, Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:03:04PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> >
> > mtd will hit a bad sector and try and try again until failure. mplayer
> > (which is what I use to play dvd's at the moment) skips the bad sector
> > and moves on.
> >

> Ah, so the trick would be to get a ripper that understands that after

...yes. Use a better ripper.

I've never liked the Myth ripper & never used it.

> enough retries it should write a blank spot to the ripped output and
> move on, possibly marking that DVD for re-rip.  (It is true that sometimes
> a wipedown or even just a re-load onto the drive can make a DVD work
> that didn't before.)

    The last Disney release needed a thorough wipedown and a bleeding edge
update to AnyDVD before that would rip it. I almost thought I had a defective
disk. I seriously wonder if they had any returns over those disks.

    Disney is bound and determined to make me use a 2nd post-it note.