[mythtv-users] New Myth system, and no audio or static - help requested

Rodney D. Myers rod_myers at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 28 14:37:11 UTC 2009

MythTV, AMD Athlon 64, Ubuntu (updated)

I bought a MythTV system, my other died due to the power company & my
not having a UPS setup.

My old system had the PVR250 (I think).

The new system has a Hauppauge WinTV PVR150 TV Tuner.

I have the s-video out of the Dish receiver to the s-video into the
150.  Audio (l & r) into a combiner into the audio in jack on the 150.

I have everything setup as is should be, I think. But still am unable
to get any sound, or just plain static.

I've googled , and tried the tips as suggested from this group, but to
no avail.

I've been in contact with the manufacturer, and so far we are stumped.
With the "new" season starting, I would kind of like to getting this
system back up and running.

Thanks