[mythtv-users] Distorted audio on a single channel

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:37:12 UTC 2009

A couple of weeks ago the audio on one of my channels started sounding
distorted. I am not sure how best to describe the distortion. To me it
sounds like it is being played out of a really small speaker. It is like the
midtones are ok but the the high and low frequecies are clipped or aliased
or something. It isn't unwatchable but it is annoying. I have listened to
the channel on the regular TV and everything sounds fine. I can't think of
what would cause something like this on a single channel. The channel in
question is Fox. It is being recorded in the Boston area from Comcast analog
with a PVR-150. What kind of things can I check?