[mythtv-users] Routine Check of Drives can cause me to miss start of recording

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Wed Jan 28 14:19:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

Glen Hawksworth schrieb:
> The Routine Check of Drives that occurs one every 30 boots as default is
> occasionally causing me to miss the start of my recording.
>
> [snip]
>
> If not, I have found that you can setup a counter/notification to tell
> you when the next boot will trigger a check
Can you elaborate this? How do one get such notification?

> and I will attempt to write
> something into the shutdown check script to either:
>
>     * make the system reboot - thus performing the check when there is
>       no scheduled recording and then time out and shutdown again... or
>     * make the system boot 10mins earlier next time to account for the
>       routine check.
>
> if some one has already done this (or something like this) please let me
> know as I hate reinventing wheels. If not, I will let you know my progress.
I would love to see something like this. Even better IMHO: Do the check
on shutdown. For me, this makes usually much more sense (same for the
normal desktop) as I usually have plenty of time, when shutting down my
computer, whereas I want it to start as quickly as possible. (Wondering,
why this hasn't bothered anyone else...)

I did not yet have time to figure out a nifty way to do this, so if you
find something, please let me know.

Greetings
-Sascha-