[mythtv-users] Just a bit more juice Re: VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Jan 28 10:40:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, January 28, 2009 8:06 am, David Rees wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Brad Templeton
> <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:
>> There were rumours of Geforce 8 possibly coming out on AGP.   With
>> vdpau,
>> that might solve my problems.
>
> What about using a PCI card, then going to a HDHomeRun or USB tuner?
>
> This PCI based GeForce8400 cards seems like it would work well, anyone try
> one?
>
> SPARKLE SFPC84GS256U2LP GeForce 8400 GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI HDCP
> Ready Video Card $50
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187041

I bought a Sparkle GeForce 8400 GS _512MB_ PCI card to go in my (fairly
old but still good enough for MytvTV) HP/Compaq SFF frontend (can't
remember the model number).

It doesn't work.  The PC point blank refuses to boot with the card in.  I
have other PCs that I've tried the card in and it works in some, not in
others, so I'm not sure what's going on there.  Must be some kind of
compatibility problem, maybe PCI version or something, but I can't work
out what.

I've been meaning to post about it for a while to see if anyone has seen a
similar problem or has any suggestions actually!

Robert.