[mythtv-users] Just a bit more juice Re: VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 28 04:33:07 UTC 2009

Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> says:
> Or are there some other tricks for getting those x264 videos to play
> smoothly on the P4-3ghz with 6200 video card?  (I could upgrade the
> 6200 card to a 7xxx series card, but I doubt that would do
> anything.)

You are correct.

You are also correct in that there aren't any good solutions for you
without a wholesale upgrade. Some consolation may be found in the fact
that your system should be able to play, with the #4653 loopfilter
patch, 6mbps-bitrate HD-PVR h.264 recordings
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/351830#351830>).

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array