[mythtv-users] [OT] Study proves skipping commercials make TV less enjoyable

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 28 04:29:09 UTC 2009

On 01/27/2009 11:03 PM, Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:11:25PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 01/27/2009 08:35 PM, Brad Templeton wrote:
>>
>>> I've been a big proponent not of a channel surfing simulator (which would let
>>> you surf your recordings watching them from a seperate surf bookmark) but of
>>> something far simpler and more useful, a "last program" button, similar to
>>> the last channel buttons on most tv remotes.
>> You mean like JUMPPREV (not mapped to any key by default) does?  Or, if
>> not in LiveTV, like PREVCHAN (mapped to 'H' by default) does?
>>
>> Sure doesn't seem like a lot of keystrokes to me.  ;)
>>
>> JUMPPREV has been there for a long time (3 years, so since 0.19), but
>> PREVCHAN being used to accomplish the same functionality was added a
>> year ago (which is still before 0.21 was released).
> Ah, that explains it.  Until about 2 weeks ago, I was running a trunk
> release from about 13 months ago,

You could have still used JUMPPREV by just mapping it to a key.

>  and I was not familiar with it.  I stalled
> updating as my old backend still had MYSQL3 on it.   I knew about the one for livetv,
> but I never use livetv.  (I am always amazed that people do.)

Why didn't you update it to -fixes rather than running a pre-0.21 trunk
version for so long?  Trunk from prior to the 0.21 release updates to
0.21-fixes nicely.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/356880#356880

actually, anything using DB schema version 1214 or below will make the
transition:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/362987#362987

Mike